Serve these delicious Portuguese breaded chicken steaks (panados de frango) with a side of mashed potatoes, rice or a salad.
|Preparation time||40 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 lb of thin chicken breast steaks1/3 cup of beerBlack pepper (to taste)Salt (to taste)1 tablespoon of mustardGarlic powder (to taste)1 teaspoon of paprika1 teaspoon of chopped parsley3 eggs3 tablespoons of milkSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Chopped parsley (to taste)Breadcrumbs (enough to coat all steaks) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Pierce the steaks with fork to absorb the seasoning.
- Season the steaks with the beer, black pepper, salt, mustard, garlic, paprika and chopped parsley.
- Leave it seasoning for 30 minutes.
- Mix the 3 eggs with the milk, add salt, pepper and chopped parsley to taste in a dish.
- Add the breadcrumbs to another dish.
- Dip the fillets first in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs to coat it.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown and chicken is cooked.
Recipe Credit: Paula Costa
Photo Credit: Sapo.pt
1/3 C beer. Oh my, what do I do with the rest of the beer? Oh well, I'll make the sacrifice and drink the rest of it........
8 months ago, Monday, March 20, 2023
You might also like:
We spend the day showing you the Top 10 Things To Do in Coimbra Centro De Portugal in just 24 hours.
Broa is a type of corn and rye bread traditionally made in Portugal, Galicia, Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde, and Brazil (where it is traditionally seasoned with fennel).
In this video, Camy Arriola teaches you how to cut onions without crying. This easy way to cut an onion will not make you cry because you aren't severing the root. Make sure to always cut onions this way to make...