This apple jam recipe (receita de doce de maçã) has been passed down to her from her mom and grandma and it's absolutely delicious.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h 30 min|
|Ready In||1 h 50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
2 lbs of McIntosh or gala apples or to taste (peeled and cut into little cubes) 2 lbs of sugar Ground cinnamon to taste (optional)3 16oz jars with lids Get Portuguese ingredients
- Add the apples and sugar to a good sized pot over medium heat and cook it stirring often.
- When it starts boiling turn down the heat a bit and let it cook for a while more.
- When the apples are almost cooked, blend them with a hand blender, add the cinnamon to taste (optional), stir well and then finish cooking, it will take a total time of 1 hour to 1 hour and a half to cook (have a plate on the side with a spoon and keep checking the jam for consistency by putting a spoonfull on the plate, some people like it a little runny while I like it a little more firm).
- Have your jars washed and ready and fill them with the hot jam (be careful to tighten the lids well).
- You can store the jars in the pantry for up to 12 months.
Recipe Credit: Leovigilda Pereira
Can you post how many calories are in this jam? This looks like a lot of sugar!
11 months ago, Friday, October 7, 2022