This Portuguese homemade pear jam recipe (receita de doce de pera) is delicious and a classic.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h 15 min|
|Ready In||1 h 30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
3 and 1/4 lbs of ripe pears1 and 3/4 cups of sugar1 cinnamon stick1.5 dl or 150 ml of water7 450g sterilized jars Get Portuguese ingredients
- Wash the pears well, peel it and cut it into cubes.
- Place the pear pieces in a pan over medium/low heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and bring to a boil for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, use a hand blender to puree the pears and let it boil for another 60 minutes until you have the right consistency.
- Store in the previously sterilized jars and enjoy.
Recipe & Photo Credit: vortexmag.net
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Tia Maria's Blog has received millions of visitors and has over 40,000 social media followers from countries around the world.
Michael Santos shows you how to make and gives you a little history on Portuguese tempura (peixinhos da horta) with a few twists.
How to make New England clam chowder, a thick and creamy soup that is a classic dish in American cuisine, particularly in the New England region.