Serve this delicious Portuguese barbecue chicken (frango de churrasco) with a pasta salad, olives and chopped pickles.
|Preparation time||25 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Chicken6 chicken legs6 chicken thighs6 cloves of garlic, should be peeled and wholeSalt (to taste)Red hot pepper sauce (pimenta moida), (to taste)Sauce:4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed1/2 a beer1 tablespoon of lard or butter1/2 chicken bouillon cube2 teaspoons of piri piri sauce Get Portuguese ingredients
- The chicken should be seasoned 1 or 2 days beforehand with the garlic cloves, salt and red hot pepper sauce.
- On the day of the barbecue, while the coals are burning, prepare the sauce.
- In a small pan, place all the ingredients mentioned above for the sauce and bring to a boil.
- Once the coal is ready, place the chicken pieces on the grill.
- Once in a while, turn the chicken and brush it with the sauce (brush the chicken with the sauce whenever you turn it).
- Once roasted, serve it with a pasta salad, olives and chopped pickles.
Recipe & Photo Credit: receitasdeportugal.com
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
How to make Portuguese beer tarts, also known as queijadas de cerveja are delicious pastries that are popular in Portugal, particularly in the Lisbon region. These tarts have a rich history and are a beloved treat...
Located in southwestern Europe, Portugal is the perfect holiday destination all year around. It is one of the oldest nations in Europe with the oldest borders, existing as a country for more than eight centuries.
Here are 5 great Portuguese recipe books I highly recommend you get for yourself or someone you know who loves Portuguese food.