This Portuguese green pea stew recipe (receita de ervilhas guisadas) is easy and quick to make, it is delicious and makes a great meal for four.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 and 1/2 lb bag of frozen green peas1 medium onion, chopped2 garlic cloves, chopped2 tablespoons of tomato paste1 teaspoon of paprika1 bay leaf3 tablespoons of olive oil1 chouriço, sliced in half moons3 tablespoons of red wine (or to taste)2 carrots, diced2 cups of chicken broth2 cups of water (or more to taste)Red pepper sauce (pimenta moida), (to taste)Salt (to taste)4 eggs Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a medium sized pot, add the olive oil, onion, garlic and bay leaf and cook until the onion is tranlucent.
- Now add the chouriço, tomato paste, paprika, green peas and the carrots, stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the chicken broth and water and cook for 15 to 20 minutes (until peas are cooked).
- Add salt and pepper to taste, add the spoon of wine and add more water if needed.
- Crack one egg at a time to the stew when it comes to a boil.
- Once the eggs are cooked, check the salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
- Turn off the heat and enjoy.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Paula Costa
OMG. I just made this with Guarda chourico. Absolutely delicious
1 year ago, Thursday, December 8, 2022
You might also like:
How to make a tosta mista sandwich, a popular Portuguese and Brazilian sandwich that consists of ham and cheese toasted between two slices of bread.
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg, shows you step by step how to make roses of Egypt (rosas do Egito).
On this video, Michael Santos shows you how to make the popular pastéis de feijão (Portuguese bean tarts).