Paula's Portuguese Green Pea Stew (Ervilhas Guisadas) Recipe
Posted in: Soup RecipesWed, Dec 7, 2022
4 out of 5 with 7 ratings
Views: 4725 - Comments 3
1 and 1/2 lb bag of frozen green peas1 medium onion, chopped2 garlic cloves, chopped2 tablespoons of tomato paste1 teaspoon of paprika1 bay leaf3 tablespoons of olive oil1 chouriço, sliced in half moons1 tablespoon of red wine2 carrots, diced2 cups of chicken broth2 cups of water (or more to taste)Red pepper sauce (pimenta moida), (to taste)Salt (to taste)4 eggs Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a medium sized pot, add the olive oil, onion, garlic and bay leaf and cook until the onion is tranlucent.
- Now add the chouriço, tomato paste, paprika, green peas and the carrots, stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the chicken broth and water and cook for 15 to 20 minutes (until peas are cooked).
- Add salt and pepper to taste, add the spoon of wine and add more water if needed.
- Crack one egg at a time to the stew when it comes to a boil.
- Once the eggs are cooked, check the salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
- Turn off the heat and enjoy.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Paula Costa
Helenself - 3 Months ago
Sorry to ask but what is Guarda Chourico?
[reply] (+1) (-0)
I believe it's a brand of chourico.
3 Months ago (+1) (-0)