Serve this Portuguese pork tenderloin with some Portuguese roasted potatoes and cooked vegetables.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h|
|Ready In||1 h 15 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed2 tablespoons of flourSaltPepperPaprika1 tablespoon of butter1 onion, sliced1⁄2 lb mushrooms, sliced2⁄3 cup of dry white wine1⁄4 teaspoon of rosemary2 tablespoons of lemon juice2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped Get Portuguese ingredients
- Season flour with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Roll tenderloin in seasoned flour.
- Saute pork in butter until golden brown.
- Add sliced onions and mushrooms.
- Saute for a minute or two.
- Add wine and rosemary.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 45 to 60 minutes, or until done.
- Add lemon juice and parsley just before serving.
- Serve with potatoes and vegetables.
First saw this recipe in a cookbook published around 1980 and it's a good one. However, times have changed and after you've added back the tenderloin, cooking time should not exceed twenty minutes- tops.
1 year ago, Wednesday, February 16, 2022
You might also like:
How to make Portuguese beer tarts, also known as queijadas de cerveja are delicious pastries that are popular in Portugal, particularly in the Lisbon region. These tarts have a rich history and are a beloved treat...
Top 5 light but delicious Portuguese dessert recipes was put together by Michael Costa.
The origins of coffee can be traced back to a region in Eastern Africa known as Ethiopia. A goat herder by the name of Kaldi is the subject of a well-known folk tale. After one of his goats ate berries, he noticed...