Prime Rib Roast Recipe
Posted in: International RecipesMon, Feb 27, 2023
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
Views: 240 - Comments 0
4 - 5 lb prime rib roast2 tsp. salt2 tsp. pepper1 tsp. dried rosemary crushed1 tsp. dried basil Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Blend the spices together and rub them over the roast.
- Place the roast with the bone side down in a roasting pan.
- Roast at 400 degrees F for about 5 minutes to sear the meat.
- Reduce the heat to 325 degrees F and continue roasting for about 20 minutes per pound or until a meat thermometer placed in the center of the roast shows 140 degrees for rare or 160 degrees for medium done meat.
- When the roast is done, place it on a warm platter and cover with foil.
- Let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes (this will help to retain more of the juices and will make the roast easier to carve. Remove the bones just before carving if desired).