This is a family favorite. We serve it with a plain white rice that will absorb the delicious sauce.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 lbs large raw shrimp, with the shell & deveined1 small onion, finely chopped3 garlic cloves, minced5 sprigs parsley, finely chopped1 teaspoon paprika1 teaspoon salt1 chicken bouillon cube1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (or to taste)1 1⁄2 teaspoons tomato paste1 (10 ounce) bottle beeroil (enough to cover the base of the pan) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a large frying pan with oil, saute the onions and garlic for several minutes.
- Add all of the spices, parsley, chicken bouillon, tomato paste, pepper sauce, and half of the beer and let the sauce simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Once simmered, add the shrimp and remaining beer.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings to suite your taste.
- Once the sauce has been absorbed by the shrimp and the shrimp have turned pink, remove from the pan and serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Here are 10 how to kitchen tips that will help you and you should remember before getting crazy in your kitchen.
Portuguese food tends to use a small amount of seasonings, usually only added to enhance the natural flavor and high quality of the ingredients used.
On this video Tia Maria shows you how to make Portuguese arroz doce (rice pudding) step by step.