Portuguese Spicy Shrimp Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Oct 2, 2015
3 out of 5 with 44 ratings
2 lbs large raw shrimp, with the shell & deveined1 small onion, finely chopped3 garlic cloves, minced5 sprigs parsley, finely chopped1 teaspoon paprika1 teaspoon salt1 chicken bouillon cube1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (or to taste)1 1⁄2 teaspoons tomato paste1 (10 ounce) bottle beeroil (enough to cover the base of the pan) Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- In a large frying pan with oil, saute the onions and garlic for several minutes.
- Add all of the spices, parsley, chicken bouillon, tomato paste, pepper sauce, and half of the beer and let the sauce simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Once simmered, add the shrimp and remaining beer.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings to suite your taste.
- Once the sauce has been absorbed by the shrimp and the shrimp have turned pink, remove from the pan and serve.