Portuguese Bean Tarts Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Snacks
Dec 10, 2015
3 out of 5 with 39 ratings
For the pastry:2 cups of flour1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter1 pinch of saltSome luke warm waterFor the filling:3/4 cup of red bean puree1 and 1/4 cups of sugar4 tablespoons of grated almonds6 egg yolks1 teaspoon of vanilla extractSome water
- Pre-heat the oven at 200ºC or 400ºF.
- Prepare the pastry by adding the cold unsalted butter to the flour and the salt. Mix well. Slowly add the water and mix till it resembles a smooth dough. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar till they are pale and fluffy.
- Add in the bean puree (can be achieved by boiling the beans for 45 minutes and then reduced to a puree in a conventional food processor).
- Mix in the ground almonds and the vanilla extract and mix everything very well.
- Grease a muffin tray with butter and dust with flour.
- Roll out the pastry on a slightly floured clean surface and with a circular pastry cutter, cut circles to fit each compartment of the muffin case.
- Fill each one with 1.5 tablespoons of the cake mix and bake in the hot oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down completely. Dust each cake with icing sugar.
You Might Also Like These