This Portuguese pumkin dreams recipe (receita de sonhos de abóbora) is easy and delicious and are great for an anytime treat.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||1 h|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 kg pumpkin (you can use canned)Salt (to taste)4 eggs350 grams flour6 tablespoons sugar1 teaspoon baking powder1 cup of brandy1 orange (zest and juice)1 teaspoon cinnamonSugar & cinnamon to sprinkle (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Peel and clean the pumpkin (if you use canned pumkin, go to step 4).
- Place in a pot to cook with water seasoned with a pinch of salt.
- Let it cook well, drain and reduce to puree.
- Beat the eggs separately and add to the pumpkin.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, flour, baking powder, orange zest and juice and brandy.
- Add the extra sugar and cinnamon to a plate, and mix.
- Fry spoonfuls of the dough in very hot oil.
- Roll the dreams in the mixture of sugar and cinnamon (to taste).
Recipe & Photo Credit: deliziosetentazionidivale
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Portuguese sawdust pudding (serradura), is a famous Portuguese dessert made with layered combination of whipped cream and crumbled Marie biscuits
On this video, Craig Fear shows you how to make a delicious and easy Portuguese shrimp Mozambique, a traditional Portuguese shrimp stew with spicy, garlicky, and butter flavors.
Santa Cruz beach covers an extended stretch of sand. The purity of both the waters and sands here comes in addition to the surrounding picturesque landscapes and ensure that Santa Cruz is a highly popular tourist...