This Portuguese roasted octopus recipe (receita de polvo assado) with potatoes, makes a delicious meal.
|Preparation time||30 min|
|Cooking Time||2 h|
|Ready In||2 h 30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 octopus weighing approximately 1.5 kg1 kg of potatoes2 onions cut into half moon rings2 minced garlic cloves2 bay leaves100g skinless chorizo, cut into cubes1 sprig of parsley tied with a stringHalf red bell pepper cut into strips3 ripe tomatoes, skinless and seedless, cut into cubes1 chilli pepper200ml of olive oil250ml of white wineSalt and pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the octopus in a pan to cook over very low heat so that it cooks in its own water.
- On a baking tray, place the bay leaves, the onion, the pepper strips, the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with 5 tablespoons of olive oil and half of the white wine.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- In a frying pan, heat the remaining half of the oil, the garlic, the chilli, the chorizo and tomato cubes, the bunch of parsley and let it cook for 3 minutes.
- After 20 minutes in the oven, remove the tray and, with the help of a slotted spoon, move the potatoes to the edges.
- In the center of the board, place the parsley branch and the octopus.
- Drizzle the water used to cook the octopus, the remaining wine, the rest of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Return to the oven, maintaining the same temperature and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the potatoes are cooked and the sauce is set.
Recipe & Photo Credit: receitasdeportugal.com
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Portugal's tastiest sandwich - the Francesinha, was invented in the 1950s at a Porto restaurant called A Regaleira by Daniel Silva.
The best places to visit in Portugal in 2022. Portugal is a southern European country on the Iberian Peninsula, bordering Spain.
What is broa de milho (Portuguese cornbread)? The usual ingredients for this traditional Portuguese cornbread are cornmeal, wheat flour, water, and salt.