4 out of 5 with 2 ratings
comments: 0 - views: 2343
This popular Portuguese corn bread recipe (receita de broa de milho) takes a little time but it's worth it.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h|
|Ready In||3 h 20 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
500 grams of corn flour250 grams of rye flour180 grams wheat flour400 ml boiling water300 ml warm water1 tablespoon coarse salt20 grams fresh/bakers yeast Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a big enough bowl, scald the corn flour in boiling water, knead it well and let it rest for one hour.
- In a small bowl, add the salt and yeast in warm water until well diluted.
- Add the water with the yeast to the corn flour preparation and knead very well.
- Add the rye flour and finally the all-purpose flour little by little.
- The dough that hold well and is sticky.
- When it has this consistency, no more flour should be added.
- Cover the bowl with the dough with a cloth and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Form the bread and bake it in the oven at 180°C for 1 hour.
Recipe Credit: Petit Chef
There are no comments for this recipe.