Portuguese Corn Bread (Broa de Milho) Recipe
Posted in: Bread RecipesSat, Mar 4, 2023
4 out of 5 with 2 ratings
Views: 1783 - Comments 0
500 grams of corn flour250 grams of rye flour180 grams wheat flour400 ml boiling water300 ml warm water1 tablespoon coarse salt20 grams fresh/bakers yeast Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a big enough bowl, scald the corn flour in boiling water, knead it well and let it rest for one hour.
- In a small bowl, add the salt and yeast in warm water until well diluted.
- Add the water with the yeast to the corn flour preparation and knead very well.
- Add the rye flour and finally the all-purpose flour little by little.
- The dough that hold well and is sticky.
- When it has this consistency, no more flour should be added.
- Cover the bowl with the dough with a cloth and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Form the bread and bake it in the oven at 180°C for 1 hour.
Recipe Credit: Petit Chef