This recipe for cheese and ham pastry twists (receita de torcidos de queijo e presunto) makes a great and delicious flaky appetizer.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 puff pastry (rectangular)70 grams of tomato paste (or sauce)150 grams of grated cheese60 grams of hamParsley (to taste)Pepper (to taste)1 egg Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Open the first puff pastry on the baking sheet already lined with parchment paper/butter paper.
- Spread the tomato paste (or sauce) over the entire surface of the pastry.
- Do the same with the cheese and parsley (finely chopped) and add the pieces of ham on top.
- Open and place the second puff pastry on top.
- Lengthwise, cut the dough in half. Cut into strips about 1.5 cm each wide.
- After cutting into strips, place 1 strip on top of the other. Each twist will contain 2 strips.
- Then make a slight pressure to leave a little sealed. Now twist the strips.
- Arrange the twists on the baking sheet and brush them with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy.
Recipe & Photo Credit: pt.petitchef.com
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Legend has it that wine has been produced in Portugal since at least 4000 years ago, according to some sources. It is possible that Portugal has been producing wine since the time of the Phoenicians, although the...
At Lisbon Zoo, we invite you to travel around the world without leaving Lisbon while contributing to a major global project of conservation of endangered species and their habitats.
Guy Fieri from the Food Network, tries Portuguese kale soup for the first time at Dana's Kitchen in Cape Cod.