This Portuguese breaded shrimp recipe (receita de camarões panados) is delicious and can be served as a appetizer or meal, accompanied by rice and/or a salad.
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
20 thawed or fresh shrimpSalt (to taste)2 teaspoons tabasco sauce2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauceLime juice (to taste)Garlic powder (to taste)2 heaping tablespoons of lean mayonnaiseChopped chives (to taste)Flour for coating1 beaten eggBreadcrumbs with garlic and parsley for coatingOlive oil or oil for frying Get Portuguese ingredients
- Peel the shrimp and remove the guts.
- Season the shrimp with salt, tabasco, Worcestershire sauce and lime juice.
- Mix the shrimp well and let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Season the mayonnaise with a little garlic powder, chopped chives, a little lime juice and mix well.
- Dip the shrimp in flour, beaten egg and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Fry the shrimp on both sides in olive oil or hot oil.
- The frying process does not need to be very time consuming as the shrimp fry quite quickly.
- After the shrimp is fried, remove them to a plate with absorbent paper.
- Serve with the mayo sauce and lime wedges.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Neuza Costa
You might also like:
The origins of coffee can be traced back to a region in Eastern Africa known as Ethiopia. A goat herder by the name of Kaldi is the subject of a well-known folk tale. After one of his goats ate berries, he noticed...
Opened in 1956, Marisqueira Cervejaria Ramiro is a Lisbon institution. Chef Pedro M.P. Goncalves talks to us about his family-run restaurant known for serving some of the city’s best seafood. All dishes are shared,...
On this video, Michael Santos shows you how to make the delicious and popular, pão-de-ló (Portuguese sponge cake).