Moist Orange Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesMon, Mar 6, 2023
5 out of 5 with 5 ratings
Views: 1244 - Comments 0
Cake:6 eggs400 grams of sugar280 grams of flour1 teaspoon of baking powderJuice and zest of 1 orangeTopping:Juice of 2 oranges3 or 4 tablespoons of sugarSugar (to taste) for sprinkling Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks, beat the yolks with the sugar, the juice and the orange zest, until bubbles form.
- Add the flour and baking powder and beat a little more.
- Beat the egg whites until it forms peaks and then fold in gently to the previous mixture.
- Place the batter in a large cake pan greased with margarine or butter and bake for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and unmold.
- In a small bowl, squeeze the 2 oranges and mix the juice and the sugar well.
- Prick the surface of the cake gently with a fork, and spoon the juice and sugar mixture over the cake.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with sugar and serve.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Receitas do Mundo Português