This delicious Portuguese aromatic roasted chicken recipe (receita de frango aromático assado) is easy and makes a great meal with a side of rice.
|Preparation time||30 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h|
|Ready In||1 h 30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 whole chicken6 cloves of garlic1 teaspoon of paprika100 ml of olive oil250 ml of white wine1 chilli pepperSalt (to taste)2 lemons1 tablespoon of margarine or butter1 rosemary stem1 sprig of thyme2 parsley stems1 teaspoon of grated ginger Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- Wash the chicken and place it in a roasting pan and put aside.
- In a bowl, place the crushed garlic cloves, paprika, aromatic herbs, chilli pepper, olive oil, wine, grated ginger, salt and the zest and juice of one lemon.
- Mix everything and spread and rub over the chicken (outside and inside).
- Cut the other lemon in half and place it in the pan around the chicken.
- Wrap in cling film and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from the fridge and spread the margarine or butter cut into cubes over it.
- Place in the oven, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Receitas do Mundo Português
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Cozido (boiled meal) cooked by the steam of the volcano in Furnas, Azores, Portugal.
Gordon Ramsay's version of the Portuguese bifana, what do you think?
Everyone is aware of the health benefits of fresh fruit juices, but no one has the time to prepare fresh fruit juices on a daily basis. As a result, people prefer to prepare large quantities of fresh fruit juices at...