Portuguese Aromatic Roasted Chicken Recipe
Posted in: Chicken RecipesTue, Mar 7, 2023
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
Views: 1006 - Comments 0
1 whole chicken6 cloves of garlic1 teaspoon of paprika100 ml of olive oil250 ml of white wine1 chilli pepperSalt (to taste)2 lemons1 tablespoon of margarine or butter1 rosemary stem1 sprig of thyme2 parsley stems1 teaspoon of grated ginger Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- Wash the chicken and place it in a roasting pan and put aside.
- In a bowl, place the crushed garlic cloves, paprika, aromatic herbs, chilli pepper, olive oil, wine, grated ginger, salt and the zest and juice of one lemon.
- Mix everything and spread and rub over the chicken (outside and inside).
- Cut the other lemon in half and place it in the pan around the chicken.
- Wrap in cling film and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from the fridge and spread the margarine or butter cut into cubes over it.
- Place in the oven, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Receitas do Mundo Português