This Portuguese moist apple and coconut cake (bolo húmido de maçã e coco) is best served at room temperature and can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 apples4 eggs1 natural yogurt (6oz)2/3 of yogurt cup with vegetable oil180g sugarZest of 1/2 lemon100g grated coconut170g flour1 teaspoon baking powder Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Grease a round shaped cake pan with margarine, sprinkle with flour and put aside.
- Peel and core the apples.
- Chop one apple into small pieces and slice the other.
- In a bowl add the eggs, yogurt, vegetable oil, sugar and lemon zest and beat very well.
- Finally add the grated coconut, flour and baking powder.
- Mix everything until the ingredients are well incorporated into the dough and add the chopped apple.
- Place the dough in the mold and place the sliced apple on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cake is cooked through.
- Do not let it cook too much, it must be moist.
- Remove it from the oven and sprinkle with grated coconut.
Recipe & Photo Credit: paginareceitaspt.blogspot.com
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Here is a list of the top 5 most popular Portuguese soup recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
During the fall and winter you can freeze the chestnuts you have in excess. It's an easy process that ensures you have good quality chestnuts for use all year round!
On this video, Nancy shows you how to make Portuguese roasted pumpkin seeds.