Cinnamon Baked French Toast Recipe
Posted in: International RecipesFri, Mar 10, 2023
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
Views: 599 - Comments 0
1 French bread, cut in slices (to taste)6 large eggs2 cups of whole milk1/2 cup of heavy cream1/2 cup of granulated sugar1 tablespoon of vanilla extract1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg1/4 teaspoon of salt1/2 cup of unsalted butter, meltedMaple syrup, for serving Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until well combined.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, making sure it is well coated on both sides.
- Arrange the bread slices in the prepared baking dish, overlapping them slightly if necessary.
- Pour the melted butter over the bread slices, making sure to coat each slice evenly.
- Bake the French toast for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and let the French toast cool for a few minutes before serving with maple syrup.
You can prepare this recipe the night before and refrigerate it overnight. Simply cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge. In the morning, bake as directed.
You can also customize this recipe by adding toppings like sliced bananas, chopped nuts, or fresh berries before baking.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the oven or microwave.