Mango Pie Recipe
Posted in: International RecipesThu, Mar 16, 2023
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
Views: 366 - Comments 0
It is similar to other fruit pies in that it usually consists of a crust made from flour, butter, and sugar, filled with a mixture of sliced or diced mangoes, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar are examples of spices.
There are many variations of mango pie, with some recipes including additional ingredients like cream cheese, coconut milk, or lime juice. Some recipes also call for a crumb topping or a lattice crust on top of the pie.
Mango pie is a popular dessert in many tropical countries, especially those where mangoes are grown abundantly. It is a delicious and refreshing way to enjoy the sweet and juicy flavors of fresh mangoes.
1 pre-made 9-inch pie crust3 ripe mangoes, peeled and sliced1/4 cup cornstarch1/4 cup granulated sugar1/4 teaspoon salt1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg1 tablespoon unsalted butter, diced1 egg, beaten Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Arrange the sliced mangoes in the pie crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the mangoes.
- Dot the butter pieces on top of the mangoes.
- Roll out the second pie crust and use a cookie cutter to make shapes or cut slits to allow the steam to escape.
- Cover the mangoes with the second pie crust, and press the edges to seal.
- On the crust's top, brush the beaten egg.
- Until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, bake the crust for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Allow 10-15 minutes for the pie to cool before slicing and serving.