|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
These potatoes are typically cut into bite-sized pieces and then roasted in the oven until they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
To make Portuguese roasted potatoes, you'll need to start with good quality potatoes, such as Yukon Gold or red potatoes. Cut the potatoes into small, bite-sized pieces and toss them with olive oil, salt, pepper, and any other herbs or spices you like, such as garlic or rosemary.
Spread the potatoes out on a baking sheet and roast them in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for 30-35 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy. Be sure to turn the potatoes occasionally during cooking to ensure that they cook evenly.
Portuguese roasted potatoes are a great side dish for a variety of meals, including grilled meats, seafood, and roasted vegetables. They're also delicious on their own as a snack or appetizer.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Use paper towels to dry the potatoes after washing them. Cut any larger potatoes in half.
- In a large bowl, mix the minced garlic, olive oil, paprika, salt, pepper sauce, oregano, and thyme.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl and toss until they are well coated with the spice mixture.
- Put the potatoes in a single layer in a baking pan.
- Roast the potatoes in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until they are tender and crispy.
- Halfway through the roasting time, give the potatoes a shake and turn them over so they cook evenly.
- When the potatoes are done, squeeze the lemon juice over them and serve hot (optional).