5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
comments: 0 - views: 1176
Portuguese marinated chips are a popular snack in Portugal. These chips are typically made by marinating sliced potatoes in a mixture of vinegar, olive oil, salt, and paprika before frying them until crispy.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||1 h 10 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
The result is a flavorful and slightly tangy chip with a hint of smokiness from the paprika. They're often enjoyed as a snack or served as a side dish with a variety of meals.
In addition to the paprika and vinegar version, there are also other variations of marinated chips in Portugal, such as those flavored with garlic, chili pepper, or rosemary.
Overall, marinated chips are a delicious and unique snack that are definitely worth trying if you have the opportunity to visit Portugal or come across them at a specialty food store.
4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced into thin rounds1/4 cup white wine vinegar1/4 cup olive oil2 garlic cloves, minced1 tsp paprika1 tsp salt1/2 tsp black pepperFresh parsley, chopped (for garnish) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together white wine vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, paprika, salt and black pepper.
- Add sliced potatoes to the bowl and toss until they are evenly coated with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or overnight for a deeper flavor.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). A baking pan should be lined with parchment paper.
- Arrange the marinated potato slices on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake the potato slices for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
You might also like:
Carrot Rice Recipe
This simple carrot rice (arroz de cenoura) is is ideal to accompany a fish or a meat dish.
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
There are no comments for this recipe.