Portuguese Stuffed Squid Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesThu, Dec 17, 2015
4 out of 5 with 40 ratings
1 lb of squid1 chouriço sausage2 onions2 cloves of garlic4 tomatoes, chopped1 egg1 bay leaf1 tablespoon of parsley, chopped1 tablespoon of olive oilSalt and pepper to taste * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Clean and wash the squid.
- For the stuffing, chop one onion, one garlic clove, the chouriço and the tentacles from the squids and mix them together in a bowl.
- Crack the egg into this mixture and blend thoroughly. Then stuff the squid sacs with the mixture and close them with a toothpick.
- Fry the other chopped onion and garlic in a frying pan with olive oil for a couple of minutes on medium heat, add the tomatoes, the bay leaf, some parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Add the stuffed squid to a baking dish and cover with the sauce in the frying pan.
- Cook in the oven at 355 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes until done.
- Once done, top with the chopped parsley and serve.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!