|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Fried chouriço and peppers is a popular dish that is often served as an appetizer or snack in Portuguese cuisine. It is a simple and flavorful dish that is easy to prepare and can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
To make fried chouriço and peppers, you will need sliced chouriço sausage and sliced peppers. You can use any type of pepper that you like, but some of the most commonly used varieties include bell peppers and hot peppers like jalapeño or serrano.
To cook, heat a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced chouriço and cook for a few minutes until it starts to brown and release some of its flavorful oils. Then, add the sliced peppers and continue cooking until they are soft and lightly browned.
The dish is usually served hot, and can be garnished with fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro, and drizzled with a bit of lemon juice for added flavor. It can be served as a standalone appetizer or paired with bread or other accompaniments like potatoes.
Fried chouriço and peppers is a delicious and satisfying dish that is perfect for sharing with friends and family.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil to it.
- Once the oil is hot, add the sliced chouriço to the skillet and fry until browned on both sides, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the chouriço from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add the sliced bell peppers to the skillet and cook until they are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Return the chouriço to the skillet with the peppers and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the chouriço is heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Note: You can also add onions or garlic to the skillet for extra flavor, if you prefer.