This popular and delicious Portuguese milk tarts recipe (receita de queijadas de leite) is easy and quick to make.
|Preparation time||5 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
3 and 1/2 cups of sugar1/2 cup of unsalted butter4 eggs 1 and 1/2 cups of flour1 liter of milk (1000 ml) Get Portuguese food & stuff
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Grease the individual molds.
- Beat the sugar and butter until lightly creamy, add the eggs, then the flour, the milk and mix everything well.
- Pour into the molds.
- Bake until golden (about 45 minutes).
- Unmold while they are still warm.
Never made these before so hoping for a bit of guidance. Should I use a cupcake pan? 12 cakes size. Does the recipe make only 8 tarts as servings suggests?
4 months ago, Monday, September 5, 2022
Hi! There, Thank you for sharing your recipes!! A question for the milk tarts recipe? Can we add pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean to this recipe?
9 months ago, Tuesday, April 5, 2022
My family's favorite. I've made these many times. I cannot go to my brothers place without them. They also freeze well.
1 year ago, Thursday, January 6, 2022