Portuguese Carrot Dreams Recipe
Posted in: Snack RecipesTue, Dec 22, 2015
4 out of 5 with 11 ratings
1 and 1/2 lbs of carrots3 cups of flour1/4 cup of sugar4 eggs1 orange1 teaspoon baking powderA pinch of saltSugar and cinnamon (to taste), for sprinklingFrying oil * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Peel and cook the carrots in water seasoned with a pinch of salt and orange peel .
- When cooked, drain and remove the orange peel and mash the carrots.
- Mix sugar with carrot puree, add the sifted flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Add the egg yolks and the juice from the orange, beat the egg whites until firm and mix with everything.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry in spoonfuls, turning until evenly browned.
- Remove with the help of a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!