Portuguese Turkey Stuffing Recipe
Posted in: Sides
Dec 24, 2015
0 out of 5 with 0 ratings
2 cups of water2 cups of milk1 and 1/2 pounds of cornmeal bread3 Portuguese or Italian rolls (about 6 ounces total)1 large Portuguese chourico (sausage)1 large onion, finely chopped1 tablespoon of sweet paprika1/2 cup of vegetable oil1 cup of parsley, chopped1 cup of black and green olives, pitted and cut into small pieces1⁄2 tablespoon of tomato paste1 teaspoon of hot sauceWhite pepper, (to taste)3 egg yolksSalt (to taste)Get these ingredients now
- Bring the water and milk to a boil in a pot.
- Remove crusts from cornmeal bread and cut the bread into small pieces, the rolls as well.
- Reduce heat from boiling to simmer and add the rolls and cornmeal bread, mix well, remove from the heat and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Mash the bread with your hands, or process it in a food processor.
- Put the chouriço sausage in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to a boil and boil for about 3 to 4 minutes, skin the chouriço, grind it in a meat grinder or food processor and mix it with the bread mixture.
- Saute the onions with the paprika in 4 tablespoons of hot oil until soft, add the parsley, olives, tomato paste, hot sauce and white pepper to taste.
- Combine onion mixture with the bread mixture and mix well, then add the egg yolks, season with salt, mix well and saute in the remaining 4 tablespoons of hot oil.
- Let the stuffing cool and stuff the turkey.
- Bake the remaining stuffing in a covered casserole dish at 180C or 350F for about 30 minutes, this can be done in oven with the turkey, during the last half-hour of cooking the turkey.