Portuguese Turkey Stuffing Recipe
- Bring the water and milk to a boil in a pot.
- Remove crusts from cornmeal bread and cut the bread into small pieces, the rolls as well.
- Reduce heat from boiling to simmer and add the rolls and cornmeal bread, mix well, remove from the heat and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Mash the bread with your hands, or process it in a food processor.
- Put the chouriço sausage in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to a boil and boil for about 3 to 4 minutes, skin the chouriço, grind it in a meat grinder or food processor and mix it with the bread mixture.
- Saute the onions with the paprika in 4 tablespoons of hot oil until soft, add the parsley, olives, tomato paste, hot sauce and white pepper to taste.
- Combine onion mixture with the bread mixture and mix well, then add the egg yolks, season with salt, mix well and saute in the remaining 4 tablespoons of hot oil.
- Let the stuffing cool and stuff the turkey.
- Bake the remaining stuffing in a covered casserole dish at 180C or 350F for about 30 minutes, this can be done in oven with the turkey, during the last half-hour of cooking the turkey.
You Might Also Like These