Portuguese Almond Tarts Recipe
Posted in: Snacks
Dec 29, 2015
0 out of 5 with 0 ratings
60 gr butter at room temperature2 eggs120 gr sugar1 teaspoon vanilla sugar100 gr flour1 teaspoon baking powder80 gr peeled ground almonds2 tablespoons whiskeyTopping:150 gr sliced almonds75 gr sugar6 tablespoons milk50 gr butter1 tablespoon whiskey Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit. Grease muffin tray(s) with butter.
- Beat the eggs with the butter, sugar and vanilla sugar until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder and almonds to the dough, beat until well incorporated. Finally add the whiskey and mix well.
- Place the dough in the muffin tray(s) and bake until cooked (toothpick test the center). Remove from oven and set aside.
- Using a pan, add all the ingredients for the topping. Bring to medium heat, until caramelized.
- Then add the topping over the tarts and bake until the almonds are golden brown.