Learn how to make these delicious Portuguese olive oil cookies.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
3 eggs1 cup of sugar1 cup of Portuguese olive oil1 teaspoon of baking powderZest from 1 lemon3 and 3/4 cups of flour1 egg yolk for brushing Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F.
- Mix the eggs with the sugar in a blender until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl and then add them to the blender. Blend the mixture until it is a smooth and even consistency.
- With the dough, knead and mold balls with a cookie cutter or your hands, forming them into your preferred shapes.
- Once the cookies are formed, brush them with the egg yolk and then place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 13-15 minutes or they have reached a golden brown color.
- Once done, let them cool for half an hour, then serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
A classic Portuguese recipe with pan fried steak topped with a Friday egg drizzled with a butter sauce.
On this video, Nancy shows you how to make Portuguese corn spikes (carrilhos), a delicious and popular cookie/biscuit.
Bolinhos de bacalhau, name in Northern Portugal and Brazil or pastéis de bacalhau, name in Central and Southern Portugal, particularly in the Lisbon area.