Portuguese Olive Oil Cookies Recipe
Posted in: Cookies
Jan 6, 2016
4 out of 5 with 6 ratings
3 eggs1 cup of sugar1 cup of Portuguese olive oil1 teaspoon of baking powderZest from 1 lemon3 and 3/4 cups of flour1 egg yolk for brushing Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F.
- Mix the eggs with the sugar in a blender until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl and then add them to the blender. Blend the mixture until it is a smooth and even consistency.
- With the dough, knead and mold balls with a cookie cutter or your hands, forming them into your preferred shapes.
- Once the cookies are formed, brush them with the egg yolk and then place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 13-15 minutes or they have reached a golden brown color.
- Once done, let them cool for half an hour, then serve.