Portuguese Butter Cookies Recipe
Posted in: Cookies
Jan 6, 2016
5 out of 5 with 9 ratings
2 and 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour2 tablespoons of cornstarch1 cup of sugar1/2 cup of brown sugar1/2 teaspoon of salt2 teaspoons of baking powder1 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract2 large eggsCoating:1/3 cup of sugar Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, place rack in center of oven.
- In a bowl combine the flour, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- In another bowl add the cornstarch, white and brown sugar, butter, vanilla and beat in the eggs.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time into the butter and eggs mixture. Mix together well.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- For each cookie take 1 tablespoon of the cookie dough and roll into a ball.
- Take each ball and roll into the Coating (1/3 cup sugar) then press down to the shape of a cookie.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on a ungreased cookie sheet or use parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until cookies are golden brown at the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes