Portuguese Sweet Rice Pudding Recipe
Posted in: Dessert RecipesSat, Jan 9, 2016
5 out of 5 with 377 ratings
- Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan.
- Add rice and cover, simmering for 20 minutes.
- Add milk, sugar and lemon rind, stirring constantly until thickened to oatmeal consistency, about 15-20 minutes.
- It will also thicken some while cooling.
- Add 2 egg yolks slowly while mixing (optional).
- Pour into one large serving plate and remove lemon rind.
- Spread flat and allow to cool on wire rack.
- You can be decorative with cinnamon by pinching a bit between your fingers and place while your hand is no more than an inch away from the rice (criss cross patterns are traditional), or you can just dust the entire top with the cinnamon.
- Serve at room temp, but refrigerate uneaten portion.
Comments(Leave a comment if you have tried this recipe or have a question.)
Silvia - Friday, October 8, 2021, 2 Weeks ago
I like this recipe but mine was very liquidy with the 4 cups of liquid if I had followed the time directions. I had to add another almost 40 minutes of coming time to make sure the rice was fully cooked and not too liquidy. Also, I think one cup of sugar is good if you like it extremely sweet, otherwise maybe 1/2 cup then add more if needed. I will definitely make this again and try to tweak it a bit.