Portuguese Semolina Cereal (Papas) Recipe
Posted in: Breakfast / Brunch
Oct 2, 2015
4 out of 5 with 5 ratings
7 cups milk1 and 1⁄2 cups of semolina1⁄2 cup of sugar1 dash of saltCinnamon, for sprinkling Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk on medium heat until hot.
- Add the semolina, sugar and dash of salt and stir well.
- Stir the semolina every few minutes to avoid creating lumps. The semolina is ready when the cereal leaves a pattern on the top for several seconds when you are stirring it (approximately 10 minutes).
- Spoon the semolina into 8 oz pyrex dishes then sprinkle the top with cinnamon. The cereal will continue to firm up as it cools.
- Cover and refrigerate when cool.