Portuguese Salted Cod Salad Recipe
Posted in: Salad RecipesMon, Jan 18, 2016
4 out of 5 with 12 ratings
- Soak the cod in cold water for 2-3 days (depending on the thickness of the pieces) changing water twice a day, in the last day add the chick peas to the water to soak overnight.
- Boil the chick peas fresh water (with a little salt) with an “cloved onion” (a peeled onion with cloves) and bay leaves.
- Take off the heat when the chick peas are cooked (these take about 45 minutes and should be soft while keeping their shape).
- Boil the cod for about 5 minutes (the middle should be practically raw) in the same water as the chick peas and put aside.
- Make the dressing in a pestle and mortar (smashing the garlic cloves with some sea salt, add cumin seeds and crush, then add the olive oil).
- Shred the cod into small pieces and mix with the drained chick peas, red pepper and roughly chopped parsley. Toss in the dressing, mix well and serve.