How to make Portuguese salted cod and chick pea salad.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 cup of cooked chick peas2 salted cod fillets1 cloved onion2 cloves of garlic2 bay leaves2 red peppers2 teaspoons of cumin seeds1 tablespoon of sherry vinegar4 tablespoons of olive oilLarge bunch of parsley Get Portuguese ingredients
- Soak the cod in cold water for 2-3 days (depending on the thickness of the pieces) changing water twice a day, in the last day add the chick peas to the water to soak overnight.
- Boil the chick peas fresh water (with a little salt) with an “cloved onion” (a peeled onion with cloves) and bay leaves.
- Take off the heat when the chick peas are cooked (these take about 45 minutes and should be soft while keeping their shape).
- Boil the cod for about 5 minutes (the middle should be practically raw) in the same water as the chick peas and put aside.
- Make the dressing in a pestle and mortar (smashing the garlic cloves with some sea salt, add cumin seeds and crush, then add the olive oil).
- Shred the cod into small pieces and mix with the drained chick peas, red pepper and roughly chopped parsley. Toss in the dressing, mix well and serve.
Sounds good but complicated. I boil the cod, changing water 3 times, open a couple cans of chick peas, add onion, parsley , oil and vinegar and toss. Always comes out delicious.
1 year ago, Monday, April 18, 2022
You might also like:
Highlights of some of the major touristic locations near Fatima which is composed of unforgettable experiences: the history of the Monastery of Batalha, be fascinated by the breathtaking views of Nazaré and enjoy...
Top 10 Ingredients most Used in Portuguese cuisine. Portuguese cuisine is known for its use of fresh, high-quality ingredients that reflect the country's coastal location and rich culinary history.
How to make 1 loaf of Portuguese sweet bread, also known as Massa Sovada, is a traditional and beloved baked treat that originates from Portugal.
This is a list of the top 10 most popular Portuguese breakfast recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
Portugal is an important tourist destination in Europe and the world. Visiting this beautiful country is to discover a remarkably diverse destination. Let's take a look at the best 10 places to visit in Portugal.
Watch this video to learn about Portuguese Christmas traditions and foods for this special time of the year.