Portuguese Salted Cod Salad Recipe
Posted in: Salads
Jan 18, 2016
4 out of 5 with 10 ratings
1 cup of cooked chick peas2 salted cod fillets1 cloved onion2 cloves of garlic2 bay leaves2 red peppers2 teaspoons of cumin seeds1 tablespoon of sherry vinegar4 tablespoons of olive oilLarge bunch of parsley
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Soak the cod in cold water for 2-3 days (depending on the thickness of the pieces) changing water twice a day, in the last day add the chick peas to the water to soak overnight.
- Boil the chick peas fresh water (with a little salt) with an “cloved onion” (a peeled onion with cloves) and bay leaves.
- Take off the heat when the chick peas are cooked (these take about 45 minutes and should be soft while keeping their shape).
- Boil the cod for about 5 minutes (the middle should be practically raw) in the same water as the chick peas and put aside.
- Make the dressing in a pestle and mortar (smashing the garlic cloves with some sea salt, add cumin seeds and crush, then add the olive oil).
- Shred the cod into small pieces and mix with the drained chick peas, red pepper and roughly chopped parsley. Toss in the dressing, mix well and serve.