How to make sauteed potatoes.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 lbs idaho potatoes, peeled2 tablespoons olive oil1 large onion, chopped2 -3 garlic cloves, minced1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprikasalt and pepper Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut each potato into an even rectangular shape by cutting off the bottom, top, and sides; cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place potatoes in a medium, heavy saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover, season with salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are slightly tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and drain potatoes on paper towels.
- In a large saute skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the drained potatoes and cook, turning, until browned on all sides, about 10 more minutes.
- The last few minutes, add the smoked paprika and mix.
- I like to get them nice and crispy on the outside. Enjoy!
Recipe & Photo Credit: Sharon123, food.com
You might also like:
Whether you are looking for the best places to visit in Portugal, searching for the best things to do in Portugal right now, or adding to your Portugal bucket list for your future trip, we've got you covered on this...
A classic Portuguese recipe with pan fried steak topped with a Friday egg drizzled with a butter sauce.
Top 5 light but delicious Portuguese dessert recipes was put together by Michael Costa.