Portuguese Sauteed Potatoes Recipe
Posted in: Sides
Jan 21, 2016
4 out of 5 with 8 ratings
2 lbs idaho potatoes, peeled2 tablespoons olive oil1 large onion, chopped2 -3 garlic cloves, minced1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprikasalt and pepper
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Cut each potato into an even rectangular shape by cutting off the bottom, top, and sides; cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place potatoes in a medium, heavy saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover, season with salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are slightly tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and drain potatoes on paper towels.
- In a large saute skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the drained potatoes and cook, turning, until browned on both sides, about 10 more minutes.
- The last few minutes, add the smoked paprika and mix.
- I like to get them nice and crispy on the outside. Enjoy!
Recipe & Photo Credit: Sharon123, food.com