How to make Portuguese conger (congro) stew Azores style.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 lbs of conger (congro)Salt (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)3 onions1 glass of white winePimento paste (to taste)2 green peppers4 cloves of garlicParsley (to taste)2 egg yolks1 tablespoon of lemon juice Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the fish into eight slices, then clean and wash.
- Season with salt.
- Cover the bottom of a pan with olive oil and a layer of sliced onions.
- Arrange the fish slices over the onion in a single layer.
- Add the white wine, pepper, the peppers (cleaned and cut into slices), a few sprigs of parsley and garlic cloves (chopped).
- Season with a little salt.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with the lemon juice and pour evenly in pan.
- Cover and let it boil.
- Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Serve over slices of toasted bread.
You might also like:
Watch this step by step video from Nancy to learn how to make moist apple cinnamon cake (bolo de maçã com canela úmido).
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg shows you how to make the popular and delicious Portuguese sweet bread (massa sovada).
This Portuguese style pizza with linguiça, São Jorge cheese and bolo do caco dough is delicious.