Portuguese Conger Stew Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Jan 25, 2016
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
2 lbs of conger (congro)Salt (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)3 onions1 glass of white winePimento paste (to taste)2 green peppers4 cloves of garlicParsley (to taste)2 egg yolks1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Cut the fish into eight slices, then clean and wash.
- Season with salt.
- Cover the bottom of a pan with olive oil and a layer of sliced onions.
- Arrange the fish slices over the onion in a single layer.
- Add the white wine, pepper, the peppers (cleaned and cut into slices), a few sprigs of parsley and garlic cloves (chopped).
- Season with a little salt.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with the lemon juice and pour evenly in pan.
- Cover and let it boil.
- Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Serve over slices of toasted bread.
You Might Also Like These