Portuguese Piri Piri Style Wings Recipe
Posted in: Chicken RecipesSun, Jan 31, 2016
5 out of 5 with 28 ratings
2 piri piri or chili peppers2 cloves of garlicZest and juice of two lemonsThe stalks from a small bunch of coriander2 tablespoons of brown sugar1 small bunch of thymeSalt and PepperA dozen chicken wings * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Prep your wings by removing the wing tips, they are the boney pointy bits at the end, then cut through the skin attaching the two limbs and extend the wings out fully.
- Next finely dice the peppers as small as you possibly can (leaving the seeds in for a bit of a kick.and place them into a mixing bowl.
- Finely chop the coriander stalks and garlic and add to the bowl along with the sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Strip the leaves from the thyme stalks and add to the mix.
- Finish with 2 tbs of olive oil, then season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Now that you have your sauce made, you just need to marinate the wings. You can cook the wings right away but leave marinating overnight.
- When you are ready to get going, get your grill seriously hot by placing all of your coals on one side, allowing you direct heat, and indirect heat.
- Fill the direct heat side of the grill with wings and allow to crisp up nicely. Turn them over and repeat.
- Make sure you have good colour on the wings before transferring them over to the side with no heat. Close the lid of you BBQ and allow to cook for about 25 minutes. This will give you incredibly deep flavour, perfect skin and fall off the bone meat.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!