How to make Portuguese chicken soup (canja).
|Level of Difficulty
1 whole bone-in chicken breast, with skin6 cups chicken broth1 onion, cut into thin wedges1/3 cup thin egg noodles4 sprigs fresh parsley2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves1/2 teaspoon lemon zestSalt to taste1 sprig fresh mint1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a large saucepan, simmer chicken breast in broth with the onion, parsley, lemon zest, and mint sprig until done, about 35 minutes.
- Remove the breast, cool, then strip off the meat and cut into a julienne.
- Strain the broth, return the broth to the pot, and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and chopped mint, season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Heat until the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and chicken.
- Ladle into soup plates and top with a slice of lemon and mint leaf.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Ponta Delgada, Portuguese for 'thin point', is the largest municipality and administrative capital of the Autonomous Region of the Azores in Portugal located on the south coast of São Miguel Island, the largest and...
Pedro shows you how to make Portuguese piri piri chicken from scratch on this video.
Here is Tia Maria's easy recipe for CALDO VERDE using Kale as a substitute.