Portuguese Chicken Soup Recipe
- In a large saucepan, simmer chicken breast in broth with the onion, parsley, lemon zest, and mint sprig until done, about 35 minutes.
- Remove the breast, cool, then strip off the meat and cut into a julienne.
- Strain the broth, return the broth to the pot, and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and chopped mint, season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Heat until the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and chicken.
- Ladle into soup plates and top with a slice of lemon and mint leaf.
You Might Also Like These