Portuguese Chicken Soup Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Feb 1, 2016
3 out of 5 with 5 ratings
1 whole bone-in chicken breast, with skin6 cups chicken broth1 onion, cut into thin wedges1/3 cup thin egg noodles4 sprigs fresh parsley2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves1/2 teaspoon lemon zestSalt to taste1 sprig fresh mint1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- In a large saucepan, simmer chicken breast in broth with the onion, parsley, lemon zest, and mint sprig until done, about 35 minutes.
- Remove the breast, cool, then strip off the meat and cut into a julienne.
- Strain the broth, return the broth to the pot, and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and chopped mint, season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Heat until the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and chicken.
- Ladle into soup plates and top with a slice of lemon and mint leaf.
You Might Also Like These