Portuguese Shrimp Soup Recipe
Posted in: Soup RecipesThu, Feb 11, 2016
4 out of 5 with 5 ratings
400 g shrimp 30/40 (peeled)1 fresh piri piri pepper½ lemonolive oil300 g of stale bread3 seafood Knorr cubes * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Season the shrimp with salt and add the pepper, cleaned of seeds and chopped into pieces and drizzle with lemon juice and a little olive oil.
- Break the bread into small pieces into a bowl.
- Dissolve the seafood Knorr cubes in boiling water, pour over the bread and let it absorb the liquid.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan, add the cloves of garlic untill they start to brown, than add the well drained shrimp and fry them for 2-3 minutes. Remove the shrimp and put it in the bowl with the marinade and set aside.
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons olive oil 1-2 in the pan and add the well soaked bread.
- Simmer, stirring constantly, until the bread soup lock into consistency.
- Take a few shrimp for decoration and add the rest to the bread soup. Add a handful of chopped coriander and mix well.
- Divide the bread soup for 4 soup plates, open a cavity in half and place one yolk on each. Garnish with the reserved shrimp and serve immediately.
- When on the table, mix the yolks with the bread soup.
- Tip: Freeze the egg whites for future use.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!