Gorete's Portuguese Chouriço & Bean Stew Recipe
Posted in: SoupsFri, Feb 19, 2016
4 out of 5 with 12 ratings
Views: 23032 - Comments 0
1 whole onion, peeled3 whole garlic cloves, smashed1 chouriço sausage, sliced 1/2 inch thick5 potatoes, peeled and diced1⁄8 cup red wine2 cups water (or more if required)2 teaspoons of tomato paste1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon paprika1⁄2 teaspoon ground cuminblack peppergarlic powder1 (540 ml) can cut green beans1 (398 ml) cancut yellow beans1 (398 ml) can peasolive oil Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat the oil and sauté the whole onion and smashed garlic for several minutes.
- Add the sliced chouriço to the pan and cook for five minutes.
- Remove the garlic and then add the remaining ingredients except for the beans and peas to the pan.
- Cook covered until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the canned beans and peas and rinse.
- Remove the whole onion, then add the beans and peas to the pan and toss gently.
- Cook for several minutes more or until the beans and peas are hot.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Chef Gorete, Food.com