Portuguese Cod Fish Casserole Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and boil in salted water with 3 whole garlic cloves, just until tender (do not overcook). Drain and place in a large bowl. Rinse the olives, then add to the bowl with the potatoes.
- Shred the cooked cod fish into bite sized pieces, then add to the bowl.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the onions and garlic and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat then let sit for 5 minutes. Remove the onions and garlic and discard.
- Add all of the spices and the wine to the oil and simmer for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust any seasonings if needed. Pour into the bowl, then gently toss everything to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole and then decorate the top with the boiled eggs.
- Cover the dish with foil paper, then bake for approximately 30 minutes, or just until the casserole is hot.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley just before serving if desired, and serve with extra piri piri hot sauce on the side
- Note: Prepare the salted cod fish by soaking it in water in a pot in the fridge for 24 hours, changing the water twice. Drain the fish, then fill the pot with fresh water. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the temperature and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain the water then shred the fish once cooled.
You Might Also Like These