How to make Portuguese beans with chouriço recipe.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h 20 min|
|Ready In||1 h 35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 lbs of red beans (Dry)1 pig foot1 chouriço sausage3 and ½ oz of salami3 and ½ oz of ham2 tablespoons of olive oil1 large onion1 branch parsley1 bay leaf2 garlic clovesWhite pepper (to taste)Paprika (to taste)Peppers (to taste)Salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Begin the day before by soaking the previously rinsed beans in cold water in a bowl, in another bowl soak the meat (except the sausages) with water as well.
- The next day, cook the beans previously soaked in water with a little salt.
- In another pan, join the meat including all the sausages with water and salt, after cooking, take the meat and cut it into large pieces.
- In a pan put a little olive oil and begin to brown the onion, then add the beans with the bean water (if its to much water, don't throw it out), than add the meats with a little of the water you cooked it in, check the salt, than add the chopped parsley, bay leaf, crushed garlic cloves, a little pepper and a pinch of paprika.
- Let it simmer for a bit, taste it to make sure everything is cooked and tastes good.
- Serve it with white rice.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Portugal, the Europe we didn’t know existed!
How to make homemade papo-secos with DIYwithnancyg, a type of traditional Portuguese bread roll. It is commonly found in Portugal and is a popular choice for sandwiches.
With Portuguese haute cuisine, the world's gourmet dining experience has become significantly more diverse, and it would take an entire cookbook to list and describe all of the dishes available.